Tuesday 4 December 2012

31 October to 5 November - Madang Islands (Papua New Guinea)


A stormy afternoon

One afternoon I noticed a boat ferrying people out to the islands so I just asked where it went, how long it took and how much the ferry cost. I had a ride on the one that took one hour to reach an island but not on the one which took eight hours to get to a further island. Once I reached the island I asked permission to walk round and was told that it would be aright.  I was given water to drink while walking and was accompanied by adults and children for most of the walk. They helped by keeping the local dogs away from me.
An island village
Local transport

Local transport

An island view

An island village

An island beach

Island people

Canoe making
Canoe making

Village school


No comments:

Post a Comment