Tuesday 23 October 2012

20 October - Sydney (Australia)

Of the original 23 people who expected to arrive in Sydney on 20 October only 14 stepped off the bus near the Sydney Opera House. A damming indictment of MADVENTURE I would say.

When we arrived at the Opera House Stephanie's parents were there waiting for her then after having photographs taken we said our goodbyes to each other. Some left to go to hostels for a few days while waiting for their flights back to the UK: some to continue their journey in Australia or New Zealand; and others to wait to be picked up by friends as we had arrived a little earlier than expected having travelled 6138 kilometres from Darwin to Sydney. It was surprising that after 28 weeks we arrived in Sydney on the day and more-or-less the time we had een told before leaving the UK. 

I was picked up by friends and have been spending few days with them ready to continue my travels to Papua New Guinea before returning to Australia for about a month or so. After that I will go back to Bali and try and visit one of the islands with komodo dragons before returning to Singapore to see my family living there. What will happen afterwards I have no idea as I have made no arrangements to return to the UK as yet. This blog is now ended as the Madventure trip which started in London on 6 April travelling for 28 weeks to Sydney has been completed. I will however add another post to the blog which will be a copy of the comments form that I will send to Madventure when it will be completed. This will take a little while as I will not be taking this laptop to PNG but leaving it in Sydney until I return.

I have enjoyed the trip and learnt quite a lot from it despite the disgusting accommodation that has been provided for us; the sex life of our illustrious leader and her item; despite the attitude of the company called MADVENTURE; and the what I consider the poor value for the money I paid to MADVENTURE. I would never recommend MADVENTURE to anyone and I would never travel with them again.


Australia, Sydney, 20 October 2012 (1)
Sydney Harbour Bridge
Australia, Sydney, 20 October 2012 (3)
The Opera House

Australia, Sydney, 20 October 2012 (2)
The End
    

1 comment:

  1. Is that it now Dave ?
    No more blog postings
    It was quite some trip
    But we did get to see some extraordinary things and stayed in some real flea pits, but I dont regret the trip, just using the company
    I'm back home now, planning my next trip
    Keep in touch
    Have fun, your dead a long time
    So keep on trucking
    Derrick

    ReplyDelete